Home » FAQs

The Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco ("DABT"), regulates and licenses the alcoholic beverage and tobacco industries, collects and audits taxes and fees paid by the licensees, and enforces the laws and regulations of the alcoholic beverage and tobacco industries, pursuant to Chapter 210, Chapters 561-565 and Chapters 567-569 of Florida Statutes. Florida has approximately 75,000 active alcoholic beverage and tobacco license holders. The Division generates over $1.6 billion in license fees, taxes, fines, etc. With over 300 employees, these responsibilities are carried out through three bureaus within the division: Licensing, Auditing and Enforcement.


The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship is established.